December is always a special month to reflect on the milestones and achievements of the year. It is amazing to look back and see what has been accomplished during the past 12 months. This year has been one of development and discovery for Chatham Park as we continue to experience growth in so many ways. Here are just a few of our accomplishments in 2021!
- 500+ homesites were developed for both single-family homes and townhomes in our technology-centric, 7,068-acre live, work, play, learn community.
- Vineyards at Chatham Park welcomed approximately 50 families. This intimate, walkable community includes our first residential section, open communal space, miles of scenic trails, and a 10-acre neighborhood park.
- Several additions were announced to our Builder Team including Lennar, Tri Pointe Homes, David Weekley Homes, and Homes By Dickerson. Chatham Park now offers homeowners new home designs from nine different builders including custom opportunities.
- Plans were finalized for a new phase that will feature homes targeted towards 55+ active adult living. Parallel to the development of Vineyards, this phase will be comprised of 345 homesites and feature three product lines from Encore by David Weekley Homes.
- North Carolina based Lowes Foods committed to build a neighborhood grocery store in Northwood Landing. It is expected to provide a total of 150 full-time and part-time jobs to the Pittsboro community. Be on the lookout for the grand opening in late 2022.
- Our dedication and commitment to research, technology, and well-rounded living – shown in our five pillars: Innovation, Connectivity, Quality Design, Wellness, and Stewardship – were exemplified by Garman Homes’ involvement in the America At Home Study. This national study of adults ages 25-74 with annual household incomes of $50,000 or more, was conducted in two waves during the pandemic to gain a better understanding of all that new home and community design requires in a post-pandemic world. We were extremely honored to host Garman’s award-winning America at Home Study Concept Home – the Barnaby – and look forward to continued work with Garman Homes developing America At Home-inspired homes.
- Knight Farm Community Park was dedicated to the town of Pittsboro during the park’s public opening on Memorial Day Weekend. The 10-acre park is one part of roughly 2,000 acres planned for open spaces, parks, and multi-modal trails within the Chatham Park community. Knight Farm Community Park’s amenities boast whimsical playhouse equipment and a natural playground where guests can experience live-edge tree trunk balance beams and slide through a rock garden. Additional features include a measured walking trail on the perimeter, a large multi-use field, a splash pad, and a dog park. A covered pavilion provides public restrooms and several picnic tables. Plenty of unused space remains available within the park for upgrades and future developments as the town of Pittsboro grows and expands.
- Plans were shared for our next recreational venture, Paddles – a swim and pickleball amenity. Scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend 2022, Paddles will be located in Vineyards next to Knight Farm Community Park and will feature a six-lane competition-style pool with a slide, a kiddie pool, and a concession stand for future swim meets. Members will benefit from the cabanas, individual loungers, outdoor showers, and eight pickleball courts.
- Construction started on Thales Academy, the first onsite school at Chatham Park. We look forward to seeing students and staff populate the Thales’ halls in 2022!
- In October, we celebrated the “MOSAIC Comes Alive” event series, highlighting the 44-acre mixed use destination known as the gateway to Chatham Park. The UNC Health Urgent Care and the UNC Health Rheumatology opened along with Refuel Gas Station and Convenience Store, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Harris & Company Insurance, and the Chatham Park Information Center at MOSAIC. Several more businesses are scheduled to open in the coming months. Primed to be a vibrant, bustling mecca, MOSAIC blends all aspects of living from city amenities and wide-open country spaces to high-tech resources and contributions from the arts. Over the next four years of development, MOSAIC will become a walkable, urban community with a multitude of offerings including a hotel, retail and restaurants, office space, apartments and condos, entertainment venues, and so much more!
- Both of our Parade Home builders were recognized at the 2021 Parade of Homes Gala. David Weekley brought home Gold for the Careywood model and Garman Homes was awarded Silver for its No Little Plans design. Both homes are located in Vineyards at Chatham Park. In addition to the awards, Chatham Park experienced three successful Parade weekends due to beautiful weather, well-executed events, and a steady stream of visitors to the community. During our public event, visitors were able to enjoy food trucks, a caricature artist and participate in a fun scavenger hunt that led them to different locations including the two parade homes, Knight Farm Community Park, information tables for Thales Academy, Tri Pointe Homes and Homes By Dickerson, and the new information center at MOSAIC.
Chatham Park wishes you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!